Can You Take On the New Fallout 4 Survival Mode?
If you want to take your Fallout 4 experience up one notch, then you’ll surely be thrilled with the new Fallout 4 Survival Mode! Currently having its beta on Steam, Bethesda has listed down the changes they made on the game’s Survival Mode.
|Fallout 4 PS4||
|Fallout 4 Xbox One||
|Fallout 4 Season Pass||
Here are the major changes done:
- Saving the Game – All autosaves have now been disabled, including manual saves, and quicksaving. In order for you to save your game, you’ll need to find a bed and get some sleep. Yep! You’ll need that shut-eye for at least an hour and your progress won’t be lost.
- Fast Travel – This one’s also been disabled, forcing you to explore. In Bethesda’s words, “exploration is mandatory”.
- Lethality – Your lethality has been increased, which means you deal more damage, but the catch is you also take more damage from enemies.
- Unknown Threats – If you’re one of those who rely on their compass, well you’re going to have to start exploring the Wasteland with a blind eye. In Survival Mode, you will no longer see threats being displayed on the compass (unless added by a Recon scope).
- Adrenaline – This new perk that comes with Survival Mode provides a bonus to your damage output. You can increase your adrenaline by getting kills (5 kills = Adrenaline rank increase).
- Exhaustion, Hunger, Thirst – This one’s pretty self-explanatory, but yes, you are also required to take your health and wellness into consideration in Survival Mode.
- Fatigue – This one comes in relation to exhaustion, hunger, and thirst. Getting fatigued will affect your Action Points.
- Bed Types – The amount of time needed for recovery (sleep) depends on the type of bed you choose.
- Illness and Antibiotics – Illnesses will affect you, but you can craft, buy, or find antibiotics to cure your illness.
- Immunodeficiency – Using RadAway can make you tired and will temporarily damage your immunity.
- Slower Healing – Recovering your health will come at a much slower rate.
- Crippled Limbs – Sadly, your crippled limbs won’t automatically heal after combat. You’ll need to find a bed to sleep on, or get a Stimpak to heal it.
- Total Carry Weight – You should carefully choose the items you wish to carry as your total carry weight has been reduced. Exceeding your carry weight will reduce your Wellness and will add Fatigue.
- Companion Costs – Carry weight for companions have also been decreased. They also won’t be able to get back up if they get hurt in combat. If abandoned, they will return home.
- Enemy and Loot – Previously cleared locations will be repopulated with enemies, and the loot you’ll get comes at a significantly slower rate.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Check out the awesome features Fallout 4’s Wasteland Workshop DLC will add to the game.