About this game
Awakening in a strange world with a wild mix of ancient ruins and futuristic tech, your creator throws you into mind-bending puzzles. Contemplating whether you ask questions: Who are you? What’s your purpose? Or have faith, It’s your call! Dive into the enigmatic realm of the Talos Principle, contemplate reality, consciousness, and free will unveiling secrets while navigating this mysterious world.
- Embark on an adventure through a stunning realm featuring more than 120 puzzles that challenge your logic, creativity, and problem-solving abilities. Navigate diverse environments, ranging from ancient ruins to modern settings, each offering unique and demanding puzzle challenges.
- Have a blast outsmarting drones, playing with laser beams, and even time-warping your way to prove your skills for a sneaky escape!
- Unravel the secrets of humanity, technology, and civilization in a mind-bending story. Unearth clues, formulate theories and let your imagination run wild as you shape your own unique perspective and decide what it all means.
- In this nonlinear realm, your decisions mold the course of this enigmatic adventure. Chart your own course, solving puzzles in your distinctive way, creating an epic and mysterious gaming experience.
- Navigate with caution through a realm where decisions carry weight and unseen eyes scrutinize your every move—choose wisely, for consequences await in the shadows.
The Talos Principle is a meaningful exercise. Sure, I worked out my brain with some good old fashioned puzzle solving. But the real workout began when I started sweating questions of why-am-I-here existence, of what constitutes consciousness—and whether the end is really the end, or if it’s really the beginning, or if it’s somewhere along the way.
Offers a huge amount of quality, intelligent gameplay for sci-fi fans and puzzle goers alike. Although it tries a little too hard at times, the title’s narrative is generally rich and compelling – and there’s enough side content available to keep even the most curious of androids busy for hours at a time. If you’re in the market for a fulfilling, well-paced puzzler on the PS4, look no further than this one.
The Talos Principle may be one of the best puzzle games of the year. Sure, it starts out pretty slowly, the first dozen or so of the game’s 120+ puzzles are laughably easy, and the controls may be a little awkward, but these are minor flaws in the bigger scheme of things. There’s an entertaining and thoughtful story about not just humanity, but what it means to be alive.