SpellForce 3 Review Round-Up! The Critics Have Spoken!
Gilmore Game’s mix of real-time strategy and role-playing video game came out last week, and the critics have spoken. So, here is the SpellForce 3 review round-up.
The game officially launched for PC last December 7, 2017. It has been a week and so far it has received mix reviews on Metacritic. We’ve listed some of the reviews below for your convenience.
“The game is far above the average, but with little things like control issues, bugs and AI behavior met frequently enough to sour the impression.”Pros:
- Unique mix of RPG & RTS
- Beautiful aesthetics
- Deep systems
- Clunky controls
- Lack of precision in commands
- Bugs and glitches
- Visual clutter
“SpellForce 3 is a unique mix of strategy and RPG mechanics that miraculously loses very few of either. It asks no knowledge of the previews titles, and features co-op and PvP multiplayer modes in addition to the rather long single-player campaign. Ironically, in an age of MOBA’s ad strategy-less strategy games, this years-old staple of game design feels surprisingly refreshing.”Pros:
- Beautiful and often responsive combat
- Amazing soundtrack
- Good graphics
- Significant base-building aspects
- Interesting lore and dialogue
- Bit to focused on micromanagement
- Units are quite hard to select or precisely control in battles
- Character development is rather shallow
“2017 was already a great year for RPG’s and SpellForce 3 adds another entry on an already impressive list as the year comes to a close.”Pros:
- Blending of genres come together smoothly
- Delivered on the potential it showed while still in development
- Gives a unique experience
- Might not be the deepest individual RTS and RPG experience ever created.
- Hardcore CRPG or RTS fans might find the game systems for the respective genres less complex than some of their favorites.
- Not the most original idea for a plot
“With a full-bodied campaign of about 30 hours, it is not the contents that are lacking, but rather the sense of wonder that should push the player to discover them completely.”Pros:
- Interesting background idea
- Long-lived campaign
- Poor characterization of heroes and factions
- Uninspired aesthetics
- Assorted berries
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Human Faction Introduced In New SpellForce 3 Trailer A new SpellForce 3 trailer is made available and it is for the Human Faction of the game!