Rust – Beginners & Pro Survival Guide 2021
With 2021 well underway, Rust has more players than ever before.
Whether you are new to the game or a veteran, we have put together some essential tips for getting started.
By Ingo | Windfell
Read this post in :
What Is Rust?
Rust is an open-world multiplayer-only survival game and set on an island where players must survive hunger, thirst, the weather, and other players.
Although Rust was released way back in December 2013, the game is currently enjoying a surge in players, helped by famous streamers such as Shroud and Jacksepticeye joining the servers.
To put the new level of popularity into perspective, developers Facepunch Studios announced that Rust made more than $1 million in one day the first week of January – twice.
With the game’s popularity currently booming, there are calls again for it to release on consoles, with the hope that we will see it on both the PlayStation and Xbox platforms at some point in 2021.
The Perfect Rust Start – 4 Short Tips For the First Hours
If you’re jumping into Rust brand new, the best way to get started is by taking survival advice from the experts and learning from others’ mistakes.
If you are entirely new to survival games and perhaps haven’t had any experience with them at all, the game can be a little overwhelming when you begin as you receive no guidance from the game itself.
In Rust, you start naked with only a stone in your hand. We recommend that your first steps look like this:
1. Familiarize yourself with the map (press G) and make your way to your desired site – The edge of the snow-covered areas are an excellent place to start and offer you access to loot. Collect Everything on the way.
2. Build and place a sleeping bag so that if you die, you respawn where you intend to.
3. Look for critical points when mining resources, such as a red X on trees and bright spots on rocks – these points help you harvest more resources per hit.
4. Craft a weapon at the first opportunity – a spear or bow will be sufficient to protect you early on.
Remember, the beginning is difficult for everyone, and you should look at learning from your setbacks rather than be discouraged from playing it.
The 5 Most Important Rust Tips From Pro Players
1. Trust no one! When you talk to someone, you make yourself vulnerable. Never reveal the location of your base and make yourself an easy target.
2. Build a tool cupboard – this will help you manage and protect belongings in your base.
3. Choose the right server. It is best to start on a server that has just had a reset (wipe). Pay attention to the group limit. If you play alone, servers with small or no groups are better.
4. Be careful with kills. Don’t immediately loot after a kill. As Sepp says, “There’s always another one.”
5. Learn from your mistakes. Blaming the game or shouting cheater won’t make you a better player.
Why is Rust suddenly so popular?
Despite its age, Rust has managed to secure a strong player base over the years and has been the biggest survival MMO on Steam for some time now.
More and more players have been flocking to Rust since the end of 2020. The reason for this might be the hype generated by large streamers once again picking up the game and playing it.
Rust Breaking New World Records
Recently, the game hit 100,000 concurrent players for the first time in months.
On January 9, that number more than doubled, almost hitting 250,000 concurrent players, putting it at number 3 on the Steam charts, with only Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Dota 2 more popular.
Rust Twitch Drops
From now you have the chance to receive special in-game items via Twitch Drops until January 15. To do so, you have to link your Twitch and Steam account and watch participating streamers on Twitch.
You can gain Twitch Drops by watching the following streamers:
If you are already on Twitch, check out our Allkeyshop Channel for 24/7 all your game news and daily deals.
Beginners Guide Video – Tips and Tricks
Ingo is fast! Studied e-commerce and has his roots for now in lively Germany. At the same time, as an ambitious influencer consultant, he is close to gaming communities & game developers. He often knows what trends are currently going on. Ingo has a special fascination as game review editor.
More relevant articles
Rust Console Edition – Performance and Bug Fixes
May 20, 2021 | Allkeyshop Video Gaming News
Patch 1.01 for Rust is now live on Xbox and PlayStation and brings with it performance and other fixes ahead of its launch later this month. By Windfell RUST CONSOLE EDITION PATCH 1.01 – 1.02 PlayStation and Xbox players have recently been playing the beta for Rust. With the game moving into Early Access, […]
Rust – Beginners & Pro Survival Guide 2021
January 12, 2021 | Allkeyshop Video Gaming News
With 2021 well underway, Rust has more players than ever before. Whether you are new to the game or a veteran, we have put together some essential tips for getting started. By Ingo | Windfell What Is Rust? Rust is an open-world multiplayer-only survival game and set on an island where players must survive hunger, thirst, […]
Best Deals on Sandbox Games (August 2020)
August 5, 2020 | Allkeyshop Video Gaming News
Sandbox games allow you to move freely inside the game, giving you freedom of mevement, progression, and more! Check out 15 of the Best Sandbox Games to Jump Into Right Now HERE Best Deals on Sandbox Games (AUGUST 2020)