Reworked Hanzo and New Rialto Map now Live in Overwatch PTR
It’s been known for some time that Blizzard was planning to rework the bow-wielding hero, Hanzo. Now, we know the changes in store as the new version of the character is now live in the PTR, alongside a few changes to other heroes and the new Rialto map.
|Overwatch PS4|| Steam|
|Overwatch Xbox One|| Steam|
Although Hanzo isn’t the only hero seeing changes, his are the most extensive. Here are the changes you’ll see once they become official:
- Scatter Arrow has been replaced with a new skill — Storm Arrows.
- Storm Arrows allows Hanzo to quickly fire up to 6 arrows with reduced damage but are always fired at full power.
- Hanzo now has the skill Lunge, which allows him a sort of horizontal dash after jumping. This can be achieved by pressing the jump button while in mid-air.
- The projectile speed of his normal attacks have been increased from 85 to 100.
- Sonic Arrow’s cooldown has been improved from 20 seconds to 12, but its effect duration has been decreased from 10 seconds to 6, and its radius is down from 10 meters to 7.
Here’s what the patch notes had to say about the changes made to hanzo:
“The goal of these Hanzo changes is to allow him to have new options and maintain his high damage output, while removing the frustration of fighting against the old Scatter Arrow. Hanzo is now much more mobile with his new Lunge ability, and with the combination of the bow projectile speed increase and the new Storm Arrows ability he can now deal his high damage more consistently than ever before.”
The update also adds the new Rialto map to the PTR. The map was first added as part of the limited-time Retribution mode. The arena seemed very popular as it’s likely to be added as a permanent PvP map now that it’s made its way to the PTR.
For changes to other heroes and other tweaks and fixes, you can view the full patch notes here.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Overwatch’s limited-time events set in the past are now called Overwatch Archives, and this year’s event will be a Blackwatch mission called Retribution.