NFS Payback Progression Update Announced by EA
EA and Ghost Games have announced a new patch coming to Need for Speed Payback soon. Among those coming are changes to the NFS Payback progression system which players have been criticizing since launch.
|Need for Speed Payback||
|Need for Speed Payback PS4||
|Need for Speed Payback Xbox One||
Many fans of the game were left disappointed when they realized it takes too long to progress in the game. Some players pointed out how low the payouts are when winning events, forcing them to grind. They even have to take on old events they have already beaten to be able to upgrade their car in preparation for harder challenges, or to buy a new one.
EA and Ghost Games are aiming to change all NFS Payback progression issues with the new patch. In a post in Reddit, Ghost Games said, “We’ve been using Community feedback, along with our own in-game data and have come up with a number of changes, many of which are in the process of going live. Our aim with these changes is to make the progression, especially around the ownership of cars, a much more enjoyable experience.”Here are the changes which are now currently live in the game. Ghost advises that if you’re currently playing, you’ll need to restart it in order to see these take effect:
- Decreased the time it takes for new parts to appear in Tune-Up shops, down from 30mins to 10mins.
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Increased rate in which parts are rewarded within Ranked Speedlists.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
More changes will be coming to the game, and according to EA, it will come in a patch later on. They have not announced a specific schedule yet, so it’s best to stay tuned. Here they are:
- Tune-up shops now stock higher quality parts.
- Improved quality of cards from targeted rolls in the Tune-up Shops.
- Increased the level on parts awarded from winning events.
- Multiple fixes to Improve stability.
- Improved game performance.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Crashes, crashes, crashes! Oh and some story clips too. Need For Speed Payback is hyping up everybody for it’s release next week with a brand new trailer.