Doom Free Update 5 Released! Includes New Bots, New Mode, And More
Id Software’s Doom is having another free update. This is the 5th major content release for the game. And it is packed with the top requested features by its players.
|Doom Xbox One||
First of all, a new mode is added called the Infernal Run. This is a new competitive multiplayer mode where teams fight to get control of the huge eye which is meant to be a ball. To score, players must bring the eye and throw it into the opponent’s goal. Another fan request is for bots to be a part of Doom Multiplayer. Bots are now available in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch modes. New Snap modules are also made available as well as a new max level which is Echelon 11. We’ve posted the complete free update 5 release notes below for you.
Free Update 5 Release Notes:
- New game mode added called Infernal Run.
- Fight to gain access to the ball and score by throwing it in the opponent’s goal.
- Added Bots for Multiplayer.
- Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch games modes now have bots available.
- The maximum level cap has been increased to level 50 called Echelon 11.
- An unlockable perk for achieving the maximum multiplayer level cap is a new DOOM Marine armor called the Praetor Suit.
- Issue resolved for unusually high shotgun damage for rapid controller input.
- You are now able to play your DOOM Marine in Praetor Suit Armor.
- More than 30 Lazarus-Lab-themed modules added.
- Lazarus-Lab-themed props are also added.
- Object Limits has been improved.
- Persistent Integer variables can now be passed between campaign missions.
- You are now able to save and restore your health, armor, ammo, weapons, equipment, max weapon slots and inventory.
- Ability to Get and Set Score has been added.
- The Leaderboard Score can now be accessed in the HUD.
- New (first-person view) Player Camera Entity has been added.
- Camera rumble FX and sounds have been added.
- New player modifiers have been added.
- Ledge grab time, power-up time, barrel damage, equipment cool down.
- Mastery of Plasma Weapon.
- Single-player Interactables added.
- HUD now has general single player consistency pass.
- More POI Options.
- Show distance, show on compass.
- Victory and post match summary screens updated.
- GUI is more interactable and customizable.
- Animated Echo events added.
- New FX/hazards added.
- % encounter complete listener to encounters added.
- Removing AI from finished encounters and events can now be done.
- Removing unspawned AI from AIC can now be done.
- Ability to turn off bobbing on pickups to place them however you want has been added.
- Improvements made by the Editor to hide/show types of objects.
- Disabled snapping of objects to the floor has been improved by the editor.
- Armor customization and taunts has been added.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Doom Premium DLC Called Hell Followed Is Out Now! Know what the Premium DLC – Hell Followed is all about!