Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition ESRB Rating and Summary Revealed
The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has recently revealed their official rating and summary for Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition. The Definitive Edition brings massive changes and updates to the sequel and so it seems fitting that it be rated separately from the vanilla release.
|Divinity Original Sin 2||
|Divinity Original Sin 2 Divine Ascension||
The ESRB has stamped the Definitive Edition with a Mature rating, citing Blood and Gore, Language, Sexual Themes and Violence found in the game for the rating. Their official summary can be read verbatim below:
“This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a hero on a quest to stop an evil called the Void. From a 3/4 overhead perspective, players explore the fantasy world of Rivellon, interact with various characters, and engage in turn-based combat against human enemies and fantastical creatures (e.g., demons, skeletons, giant insects). Characters use weapon strikes and magic attacks to defeat enemies in combat; battles are accompanied by blood-splatter effects that stain the surrounding environment. Some areas depict large pools of blood amid human corpses and dismembered limbs.
The game contains some sexual material: the central character can employ the services of a prostitute at a pub—no sexual activity is depicted, though the dialogue/text makes sexual references (e.g., “Your hand slides all the way up until you reach her, and you make a soft circling motion with your thumb”; “Slowly she undresses you then takes you to bed”; “Your world explodes in bliss.”). The word “sh*t” is heard in dialogue.”
Larian Studios had earlier announced some of the new content coming to the Definitive Edition on their Kickstarter page. These include:
- Almost 150K words of text changed and over 130K new words recorded, plus some voice and text fixes.
- A new tutorial has been added at the start of the game, complete with its own characters and gameplay.
- Some fights have been re-balanced to make the challenge curve flow better, plus all-new fights.
- A new Story Mode will be added that’s even easier than the existing Explorer Mode. Players can switch between modes to either make fights easier or ramp up the difficulty at any time.
- Lots of balance and performance tweaks.
- Sir Lora, the Squirrel Knight, joins your party to enlist your help to stop the Great Acorn from bringing the apocalypse.
- No significant graphical, UI, gameplay and story differences on consoles, however the Game Master mode won’t be ported.
Divinity Original Sin 2 definitive Edition will be launching in August and will be free to everyone who owns the vanilla version. The exact date and more details should be announced as we near the launch date.
No PEGI rating has been announced yet.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Steam has just revealed their top-selling games for 2018 so far. Check out the lists here. You’ll be surprised by some of the entries for sure.