Resident Evil 3 Review Round Up
Resident Evil 3 has now released and we have compiled the best of the reviews for you and put them below in our review roundup.
- Fantastic visuals and immersive atmosphere make exploring Raccoon City a treat
- Jill and Carlos are great protagonists
- Focused survival horror elements are the most thrilling and nerve-wracking moments of the game.
- The many action set-pieces and boss encounters come off as jarring and tonally off
- Disappointing lack of presence for Nemesis
- Resistance has some interesting ideas, but it’s often clunky and lacks personality.
- Plenty of urban environments to explore
- Nemesis is an unrelenting foe
- Dodge ability adds a new layer to combat
- Zombies are difficult to avoid
- Stunning RE Engine graphics
- Often can’t re-track areas
- Puzzles less challenging
- Great atmosphere and scares
- Interesting, varied locations
- More enemies and action
- Easy to get caught out in tight spaces
- Nemesis is a bit disappointing
- Shallower than Resident Evil 2
“Resident Evil 3 is essentially a chain of action set-pieces, threaded together with a paper-thin story and a few too many cutscenes.” ~Andy Kelly
“Resident Evil 3 is an entertaining, well-made game that brings one of the series’s less-heralded entries right up to date.” ~Sam Byford
“It plays like a 2020 game because it is a 2020 game. The classic world is brought to life in glorious detail, and smart level design makes exploring it a delight and replaying it almost compulsory. If only all remakes could be this good; bring on the next one.” ~Lucy O’Brien
Resident Evil 3 is now available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xb0x One.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Resident Evil 3’s multiplayer game Resident Evil Resistance has an open beta running up until the game officially releases. Get to know more here!