More Battlefield 5 Open Beta Details Revealed
EA DICE has revealed more details on the upcoming open beta for Battlefield 5 in a lengthy blog post over at the game’s official site. Those who want to preview the game before its actual launch will want to check out these details.
OPEN BETA SCHEDULE
The open beta officially starts this Thursday and will run for 5 days. EA Access, Origin Access and Origin Access Premier subscribers, and those who pre-ordered the game will get to start playing 2 full extra days starting today. Pre-loading is also open right now.
Here’s a full breakdown of the schedule:
- OPEN BETA PRE-LOAD: Started on September 3rd, 9AM BST/10AM CET
- OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS: September 4th, 9AM BST/10AM CET
- OPEN BETA OFFICIAL START: September 6th, 9AM BST/10AM CET
- OPEN BETA END: September 11th, 4PM BST/4PM CET
OPEN BETA CLIENT DOWNLOAD
Now that you know when the beta is happening, how exactly do you join in? Well, here are instructions for each platform the beta will be running on right from the Battlefield site:
- Find Battlefield V in Origin.
- Click the Try it First button to see the Open Beta client.
- Click Add to Game Library, then download it.
- If you pre-ordered a physical copy of the game, redeem your pre-order code, then download the Battlefield V client from the Xbox Games Store/PlayStation Store.
- Gone digital? Head to the Xbox Games Store/PlayStation Store, then find and download the Battlefield V Enlister Offer and the Battlefield V Beta. Install them both and you’re good to go.
EA has also revealed what PC players will need under the hood to run the beta client. Here are the game’s minimum and recommended system requirements:
The open beta will include 2 maps and 2 game modes. Players will also be able to experience the game’s progression system including unlocking items and customizing the player’s profile and skill trees. There’s also a multi-part challenge that will let players earn a Dog Tag that carries over to the full game. Check out the image below to find out the details:s
EA was also kind enough to reveal which classes and gear would make players will have access to, as well as the different vehicles and reinforcements that will make appearances during the open beta. You can check out the specifics below:
It’s important to note that anything listed here and anything players experience during the open beta may change between the beta and the game’s full launch. Make sure to join in on the fun and tell us all about your experience in the comments below.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Battlefield 5’s release date has been delayed by a month as announced by DICE in a recent blog post at the game’s official site.