Microsoft Flight Simulator: Which Edition to Choose?
To say that Microsoft Flight Simulator is a highly-anticipated game would be a huge understatement. It has been 14 years since we’ve seen a new title from the series and fans have been hyped since the announcement last year. To top it off, the game has looked incredibly impressive in every released trailer so far.
Now that the game’s release is just but days away, you might be wondering which edition you should get so you can jump into the kind of experience that you want. That is why we’ve created this little guide to help you pick the best edition suited for you.
First off, Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available on PC at launch, and then on Xbox One at an unannounced date. Three editions will be available at launch: Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe.
Let’s take a look at what each edition has to offer.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Editions
This edition contains the base game which is already massive by itself. It includes 20 highly-detailed planes and 30 hand-crafted airports.
The Deluxe Edition includes everything in the base game and expands on the experience with 5 additional highly accurate planes and 5 additional handcrafted airports.
Deluxe Additional Aircraft
- Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI – an Austrian four-seat, single-engine light aircraft.
- Diamond Aircraft DV20 – an Austrian two-seat, tricycle-gear, general aviation light aircraft.
- Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bron G58 – an American six-seat, high-performance piston twin light aircraft.
- Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat – an American two-seat, fixed-tricycle-gear, general aviation light aircraft.
- Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk – an American four-seat, single-engine, high-wing, fixed-wing aircraft.
Deluxe Additional Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol – the main international airport of the Netherlands.
- Cairo International Airport – the principal international airport and busiest airport in Egypt.
- Cape Town International Airport – the primary airport in Cape Town and the second-busiest airport in South Africa.
- O’Hare International Airport – an international airport located on the northwest side of Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport – the main international airport in Madrid, Spain and the second largest airport in Europe.
Premium Deluxe Edition
The Premium Deluxe Edition offers the most content at launch. It bundles up the base game, the additional content from the Deluxe Edition, 5 more highly-accurate planes and 5 more hand-crafted airports.
Premium Deluxe Additional Aircraft
- Boeing 782-10 Dreamliner – an American long-range, mid-sized, wide-body, twin-engine jet airliner.
- Cirrus Aircraft SR22 – an American single-engine four- or five-seat composite aircraft.
- Pipistrel Virus SW 121 – a Slovenian two-seat, single-engine light aircraft.
- Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude – an American 6600km-range business jet with ~28° swept wings and a T-tail.
- Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra – an Italian high-performance ultralight designed to be the lightest aircraft for bush flying.
Premium Deluxe Additional Airports
- Denver International Airport – the largest airport in the US and the second-largest in the world.
- Dubai International Airport – the primary international airport serving Dubai and the world’s busiest airport based on international passenger traffic.
- Frankfurt Airport – a major international airport in Frankfurt and the busiest airport in Germany based on passenger traffic.
- Heathrow Airport – a major international airport in London and the busiest airport in Europe based on passenger traffic.
- San Francisco International Airport – the largest airport in the Bay Area and the second busiest in California, USA.