Battlefield 2042 – Everything We Know So Far
The next Battlefield game from DICE has been revealed via a trailer and it is called Battlefield 2042. We go through what we know about the game so far and what to expect, so keep on reading.
BATTLEFIELD 2042 GAME MODES
Battlefield 2042 takes place in the near future during a war between the US and Russia.
The game will not feature any campaign, battle royale, or single-player experience, but instead will focus on three main multiplayer game modes.
We only know of two of those game modes so far:
- All-Out Warfare – All-Out Warfare features massive 128 player battles in modes including Conquest and Breakthrough.
- Hazard Zone – All we know about Hazard Zone so far is that it is a squad-based game mode with high-stakes.
- The third game mode has not been revealed yet and will be shown first on June 22 during EA PLAY Live.
We will have to wait for the gameplay reveal on June 22 to know more about the maps of Battlefield 2042, but there are a few details already shared.
The maps are big, very big. They are the largest in the franchise’s history, and you will fight in locations including South Korea, Singapore, Egypt, and America.
Each map features living events that will change depending on the outcome of the battle.
Also introduced into the series are dynamic weather events that will prove deadly for those caught within it. We got a good look at the tornado that rips through one of the maps in the game’s reveal trailer.
For Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation 5, and PC players, the maps will have 128 player support. Xbox One and Playstation 4 players will be limited to 64-player matches.
The game revamps classes and turns them into specialists.
There are ten unique specialists within the game, each with unique weapons, abilities, and customization options.
The first four specialists announced are Recon, Assault, Engineer, and Support.
When playing as a specialist, you will unlock new gadgets, weapons, and gear.
More specialists will be released during the following months of the game’s release.
Battlefield 2042 launches in three editions, Standard, Gold, and Ultimate Editions.
- The Standard Edition comes with the base game only.
- The Gold Edition comes with the Year 1 Pass, which includes four new specialists and four battle passes available throughout the first year.
- It also comes with three epic skin bundles: the “Blistered Earth,” “Tempest,” and “Cold Blood” skin bundles. Each bundle contains a weapon, vehicle, and skin.
- The Ultimate Edition gets you all that and the official digital artbook and exclusive digital soundtrack.
You also get the “Shadow Stalker” outfit, “Obsidian” weapon skin, and “Onyx” vehicle legendary skins.
If you pre-order the game now you also receive the Baku ACB-90 melee takedown knife, “Mr. Chompy” epic weapon charm, and the “Landfall” player card background and “Old Guard” tag.
BATTLEFIELD 2042 ON ALLKEYSHOP
Battlefield 2042 launches October 22 for consoles and PC, and you can find all the best deals on Battlefield 2042 CD keys, game codes, and gift cards right here, on Allkeyshop.