You Can’t Stream BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle’s Story Mode
Arc System Works has announced the official guidelines for streaming their latest fighting game, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. The guidelines have stirred up negative comments from would-be streamers of the game because of a certain restriction uncommon to most games.
|BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle||
|Blazblue Cross Tag Battle PS4||
|Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Nintendo Switch||
The rules released by the devs say that streamers are not allowed to upload content from the game’s Episode Mode. This is the game’s official story mode. The devs say this restriction is in place to ensure that “fans get to experience the Episode Mode with fresh eyes…”
Here are the rules as posted on the dev’s official site:
- Stream matches to your heart’s content. Either against other players (local or online), or against the CPU. Show off your mad skills.
- Put together tutorial videos to break down characters, teams, strategies, or show how to pull off that amazing combo. More power to you!
- Show us those online shenanigans, dance parties, and the like.
- Stream Episode Mode at all. Just don’t. If you have to, very short clips of Episode Mode content up to Chapter 2 are permitted for video content only. Any longer clips, spoilers, or anything else is a danger area, so really, just avoid this all together.
- Stream or upload any music-only content. Music playing in the background during matches, online lobbies, and etc are totally fine. A soundtrack rip or upload is not.
On the other hand, the devs encourage streamers to post matches against other players, local or online, or the CPU to their hearts’ content. Even tutorials breaking down characters, synergies, strategies and the like are more than welcome. These make up most of the fighting game video content online anyway.
Arc System Works ended their announcement by saying that these rules, in general, apply to all their games and that they are non-negotiable. Anyone found in violation will be issued an ID claim, or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle launched yesterday, June 5th. The 2D fighter pits characters from BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Under Night In-Birth, and RWBY in 2-on-2 matches. The game is available on PC, PS4 and Switch.