Magic Legends Open Beta – How to Get Exclusive Items
The Magic Legends open beta has started, and players who try out the new action role-playing game from Cryptic Studios can get exclusive in-game items. We’ll tell you what they are and what content you can look forward to.
By Ingo | Merc
Jump into Magic Legends’ open beta via Arc Games and the Epic Games Store and take on the multiverse of Magic: The Gathering as a powerful Planeswalker. The action role-playing game’s official release is scheduled for later in 2021 on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.
Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios announced that there will be no more character wipes, so you can keep all the progress you made during the beta. In addition, it is worth playing the open beta, because this way you can secure exclusive in-game items. The press release states:
Players who download Magic: Legends on Arc Games will receive a free Gavony Vigilante Costume for their character, the ‘Bruiser’ skin for the Ogre Mortar creature summon, two drop boosts and two mission boosts.
Epic Games Store players can claim a free Moorland Ranger Costume, Moorland Ranger Werewolf Summon Skin and two drop boosts until April 6, 2021, at 9:00 am PDT.
How to get the Planestarter – Starter Pack for free
source: Epic Games
Grab the Epic Planeswalker Starter Pack for free here. It will be available from March 23rd until April 6th, at 9am Pacific.
Magic: Legends Open Beta Features
- Experience a new “Magic” story featuring memorable characters across different storylines from the franchise. The story finally culminates in a conflict against a powerful villain no one has imagined.
- Become a Planeswalker and choose from five diverse starter classes. You can also switch between classes as you go. More classes will be added later on.
- Choose your own path and cross various planes in order to save the Magic Multiverse.
- White, Blue, Black, Red, or Green mana? Make the right choices and take control of the chaos in the battlefield. Make fast, tactical decisions while strategically building your deck which are drawn at random in combat.
- Collect and upgrade a wide array of spells and spell pages to make each spell more powerful. Use Equipment and Artifacts along with your decks to craft your own playstyle.
- Magic: Legends can be taken on alone, but it won’t be fun without your friends. Enlist the help of two other Planeswalkers and prepare unique loadouts to help teammates, or test their strength in 1v1 PvP Duels.
Planeswalker starting classes you can choose
- Geomancer – Takes advantage of the earth’s power in order to strike enemies in close-quarter combat. Uses stone and lava melee attacks and advances in battle with the help of goblins, kavu, and earth elementals.
- Mind Mage – Uses psychic powers to battle enemies from a safe distance. Controls projectiles with telekinesis, and locks down dangerous enemies using spells that put them to sleep or make them turn against their allies.
- Beastcaller – The representation of might and savagery. The Beastcaller wields a massive spirit axe that crushes enemies, and is accompanied by an Aether Fox and other summoned beasts.
- Sanctifier – Smites enemies with bolts of light, and helps fallen comrades by mending their wounds. The Sanctifier also summons angels, paladins, and more for protection in battle, while enemies get dealt with damage from righteous light.
- Necromancer – Devastates foes using deathly rituals that also raise undead hordes for their own advantage. Takes advantage of their unique connection to death to curse enemies and sap the life and strength out of them.
- Dimir Assassin – Experts in executing devastating combo attacks, the Dimir Assassin fights in their own terms by controlling engagements then exploiting their enemies’ weaknesses.
Difficulty & Modifiers in Magic Legends Feature Overview
The developers at Cryptic Studios are currently working on Magic: Legends in cooperation with publisher Perfect World Entertainment.
The two studios recently released a video which is just under five minutes long and can be viewed below. This time, everything revolves around the difficulty levels and the modifications, which offer players the possibility to tailor the gameplay to their own requirements to a certain degree.
Ingo is fast! Studied e-commerce and has his roots for now in lively Germany. At the same time, as an ambitious influencer consultant, he is close to gaming communities & game developers. He often knows what trends are currently going on. Ingo has a special fascination as game review editor.
More relevant articles