Madmind Studios has Cancelled Agony Unrated
The Unrated version of Madmind Studios’ escape-from-hell adventure, Agony, will never see the light of day. The developers made the announcement in a post on their Steam page citing financial issues as the cause of the cancellation.
|Agony Xbox One||
It was just earlier this month when Madmind announced that they are working on an unrated version of the game and were currently in talks with Steam so that owners of the first release could get it either for free or with a 99% discount. The unrated version would have also featured the following:
- Additional sounds in the game and the cutscenes.
- Additional erotic animations for characters in the backgrounds.
- High resolution textures and models – without any censorship.
- All the scenes that have been removed from the standard version of Agony.
- Agony Mode unlocked from the beginning.
- Additional content for Agony Mode (Setting – The Forest, Boss Fight – Baphomet).
- Succubus Mode unlocked from the beginning.
- Additional animations for Succubus Mode.
“We regret to inform you that our company is currently struggling with financial problems. Due to technical and legal reasons, Madmind must cancel the development of Agony Unrated. Part of the team will continue to support Agony on Steam and consoles by publishing new patches,” the studio explained.
The studio did however say that a part of the team will continue working on the currently released version on Steam and consoles. They also announced that a patch has been submitted for the Xbox One X targeting a bug that affects Microsoft’s premier console. Another patch for all other platforms will also be released this week that will introduce many fixes and a highly refined lighting system.
Needless to say, a lot of fans are disappointed, if not furious, at the cancellation. Some players only bought the game because of the promise of an unrated version and now they feel cheated since Madmind has now revealed they cannot deliver on their promise. Hopefully, Madmind pulls through and revives this project in the near future.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Agony Unrated has been announced and features new content, new features, plus all removed content from the original version. Check the details here.