Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Weapons, Modes, and More Getting Changes After Betas
After two betas, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare weapons, and other important elements are getting changes which will take effect upon launch. Basing from the feedback gathered from players during the beta, Infinity Ward listed down these changes in a Reddit post. The adjustments were specifically made on weapons, (shotguns, snipers, SMGs, launchers), perks and rig traits, health and regen spawning, economy, matchmaking, and more. You can view the entire list below.
|Call of Duty Infinite Warfare||
|Call of Duty Infinite Warfare PS4||
|Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox One||
During the Beta, we wanted to not only test a variety of new things such as our new matchmaking system, but we also wanted to hear all your feedback to help balance the game. We’ve been making adjustments since the Beta and below are the details on the changes you’ll see heading into launch day. Again, thank you for your support and we’ll see you online!
- Increased shotgun damage consistency
- Increased shotgun damage at longer range
- Slightly increased one shot kill range
- Slight bonus to Reaver and Banshee’s 1 trigger pull kill range
- Bullet spread at the hip no longer gets smaller as the player ADS’s. The bullet spread goes instantly to zero once the scope reaches the player’s eye
- Slightly reduced sniper aim assist for the KBS Longbow and other bolt action snipers. To help with precision aiming, turn rate while Aimed Down Sights is still slowed
- There will no longer be Aim Assist for Sniper-class weapons until the optic fully reaches the player’s eye.
- Idle sway while ADS has been increased for the ELO and Scout optics on snipers, along with the player’s view bounce when moving. These optics are less zoomed in, so the view bounce and the sway are felt less. These changes are made for more stationary aiming and firing with these optics.
- Improved Tracking Chip optic’s visuals
- Quickdraw attachment on snipers bonus has been reduced
- Snipers have been updated to have more flinch when getting shot.
- Instead of requiring full ADS, the Howitzer Grenade launcher can now be fired from the hip
- The RPR Evo epic variant (Ripper) had a tuning pass which increases its recoil given its bonus fire rate
PERKS & RIG TRAITS
- Marksman – Fixed bug that reduces flinch and recoil that would then stack with Gun Perks and the Foregrip Attachment. Removed this reduction bonus
- Momentum – Fixed issue of speed not being retained
- Marked Target – Toned down the temporary red marker on the victim
HEALTH REGEN AND SPAWNING
- Reduced Health Regen time
- Reduced infusion bonus
- Continuing to refine spawn system on beta maps, will assess remaining launch maps in live environment.
- Increased salvage gain in mission teams.
- Changed currency value in supply drops.
- Increased drop rate of keys in round-based modes.
SCORESTREAKS AND RIGS
- Increased health, bullet damage, and weapon accuracy up close to help with target acquisition
- Increased health, increased weapon accuracy to help with target acquisition, slight increase in fire rate, and slight damage increase on splash damage
- Increased speed of tracking rockets
- Increase damage of both tracking and straight fire rockets
- Slight decrease in both time to the initial drop and the time between each subsequent drop
- Updated area damage to be consistent inner to outer
- Refined payload balance
- Slight tweaks to gameplay balance across rigs
- Defender: The score-per-second bonus has been bumped from 5 score per second to 10 score per second when carrying the Drone. Scorestreak carrier bonus is unaffected.
- Gun Game: Now features all classic weapons. Weapons that have alternate functions will retain their state upon spawn in future updates
- Domination: The current capture bar progress starts to decay when you step off a flag. The rate of decay has been cut into half from the Beta. This will allow players to hop off a flag to defend, and then get back on the flag with less loss in progress
- A thorough testing of your connection to other players was being done before placing you in a lobby, making potential player evaluation too strict. It has now been relaxed which makes matching times shorter.
- Players were incorrectly categorized due to an issue to the geolocation system. This has been resolved during the beta and also improved matchmaking times
- Dead lobby cleanup process takes too long, causing searching for a match to slow down.
- Queueing into a “join in progress situation” takes longer due to some issues in the way information about the lobbies are tracked. These were addressed during the beta, eventually speeding up the “join in progress” case.
TTK (TIME TO KILL / ENGAGEMENT)
- The TTK will be more balanced come launch day (both on the attacking and receiving ends) due to the adjustments made on dedicated servers, matchmaking, and weapon tuning.
- A new load balancing system on dedicated servers are now being used
- Dedicated server utilization has dramatically improved after tweaks and fixes were done on the new system
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Story Trailer is revealed and you will be seeing a lot of very familiar faces. A multiplayer beta has also been announced.