Activision Wants PC Players to Reserve 175 GB for Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Activision recently revealed the system requirements for Call of Duty Modern Warfare and it looks like it will be one of the biggest releases of the year… literally! This year’s COD shows a storage space requirement of 175 GB.
Now, if Rockstar didn’t just reveal that they’d be asking for 150 GB of storage space for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC, I’d probably think that this was just a typo overlooked by Activision. However, the latter has revealed that there’s more to the number than what it seems.
Apparently, Activision just wants players to keep 175 GB available so that they won’t have problems with post-launch content. The actual initial download at launch will be ‘smaller’ but they did not give a specific number.
Here are the rest of the system requirements for Call of Duty Modern Warfare:
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-bit
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 / GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950 – DirectX 12.0 compatible
- Storage: 175GB
- Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit latest update
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / GTX 1660, or AMD Radeon R9 390 / RX 580 – DirectX 12.0 compatible
- Storage: 175GB
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
- Memory: 12GB
For those with smaller capacity SSDs, you might need to start deleting or moving files, especially if you plan to get both Modern Warfare and RDR2. If you, however, have more than enough space for both, then this shouldn’t worry you too much.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare launches on October 25th for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Call of Duty Modern Warfare may still be two weeks away from launching but Activision has already released its launch trailer. Check it out here.