Play Overwatch Free on Its Open Beta!
Gather your friends and play Overwatch FREE during its Open Beta which is scheduled to open on May 5, 2016, and will close on May 9, 2016!
|Overwatch Xbox One||
The Overwatch Open Beta is available on PC (via Battle.Net), Playstation 4, and Xbox One. Those who pre-order the game by April 29, 2016 will get to play the Open Beta at an earlier date on its Early Access Open Beta (an early access code will be required to enter) starting on May 3. More information about the Early Access Open Beta can be found HERE.
For those who wish to participate in the All Access Open Beta (free for all, no pre-orders/access codes required), the beta will begin on May 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM PDT (11:00 PM UTC).
- You will need to download the Battle.Net client. You will also need your free Battle.Net account to login.
- Once the Battle.Net client is launched, simply click on the “Overwatch” icon on the top-left side of the app and install it
- You will need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play during the Open Beta and during launch
- Go to the Xbox One Store and select: Games > Search All Games
- Type in “Overwatch” in the search field, select “Overwatch Open Beta” and click “Download”
- Once download is completed, simply “Launch” the game
- Search for “Overwatch” in the Playstation Store
- Select “Overwatch Open Beta” and click “Download”
- “Launch” the game once download is completed
Open Beta Content
The Overwatch Open Beta will give players access to the game’s full roster of heroes (all 21 of them) and maps (all 12 maps!). Features which will also be available during the game’s launch can also be accessed during the Open Beta (i.e. Competitive Play, Weekly Brawl, Loot Boxes, etc.) – no content is restricted or locked!
The game offers 4 different game modes, each with a different map. All of these game modes support a maximum of 12 players (6 players per team):
- Assault: Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
- Escort: Dorado, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Assault/Escort Hybrid: Hollywood, King’s Row, and Numbani
- Control: Ilios, Lijiang Tower, and Nepal
And as always, game progress won’t carry over to the official game once it gets launched. Cross-platform play between PC and console players will also not be available.
Check out the Overwatch Open Beta FAQs for more information.
The official launch of the game is on May 24, 2016.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Overwatch, the new team-based multiplayer shooter by Blizzard Entertainment, has a new animated short for you which revolves around Widowmaker