No Man’s Sky Day One Patch Brings New Content Before Launch
Looks like the Hello Games team has got their hands full for the past month. The No Man’s Sky day one patch is set to bring tons of new content and experiences once the game is officially released. The update requires that you start on a completely clean slate (if you were able to play a leaked copy of the game). The reason behind this is because the choices you make at the start will have significant impact later on as you progress.
|No Mans Sky||
|No Mans Sky PS4||
Some of the changes in the No Man’s Sky day one patch will affect the universe, planets, combat, networking, and ship diversity among others. We’ve listed them all below:
- The Three Paths – You can now follow three new unique paths throughout the game
- The Universe – The universe generation algorithm has been changed: planets moved, changed biomes on environments, galaxies now have altered shape, galaxies now up to 10 times larger
- Diversity –Creatures now more diverse in terms of their ecology and density on planets
- Planets – Dead moons, low atmosphere and extreme hazardous planets are added. Extreme hazards now include blizzards and dust storms.
- Atmosphere – New atmospheric system now makes space, night time, and day skies 4x more varied
- Planet rotation – Effects of planet rotation have been reduced further
- Terrain generation – Caves that are up to 128m tall are now possible. Geometric anomalies added. More interesting sea beds are now present due to underwater erosion
- Ship diversity – Wider variety of ships now appear per star system, and are available for purchase. Ships have more unique attributes. Cargo and installed technology now more varied
- Inventory – Ship inventories are now able to store 5x more resources per slot, and suit inventories at 2.5x more per slot.
- Trading – Based off a galactic economy, star systems and planets each have their own wants and needs, making trading deeper.
- Feeding – Creatures now have their own diet depending on their home planet and their planet’s climate. The results of feeding these creatures will be different per species (i.e., mining for you, becoming your pet, alerting you of rare loot, pooping valuable resources, etc.)
- Survival –To make shielding shards useful again, you’ll need rare resources to recharge hazard protection. Storms can be deadly. Suit upgrades and hazard protection are added. Liquids are more often dangerous.
- Graphical effects – Improved lighting and texture resolution. Shadow quality has been doubled.
- Balancing – Stat changes have been made on several hundred upgrades
- Combat – The team has completely rewritten Auto Aim and weapon aim, making it feel more gentle in general, yet stickier when you need it. Sentinels now alert each other if they have not been dealt with quickly. Quad and Walker AI now much more challenging
- Space Combat – Advanced techniques like brake drifting and critical hits have been introduced. Larger battles and bounty missions now occur. Pirate frequency and difficulty has been increased, depending on your cargo.
- Exploits – Cheats such as infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit have been removed
- Stability – Buildings now have foundations on super large planets. Several low repro crashes have been resolved.
- Space Stations – Interiors now more varied. Bars, trade rooms and hydroponic labs added
- Networking – Ability to scan star systems that other players discovered on the Galactic Map – increases chance of collision. Durig Galactic Map flight, star systems discovered bby other players now appear
- Ship scanning – Points of interest can now be scanned from your ship. Buildings now generate earlier and show up in ship scans
- Flying over terrain – Reduced pop-in and shadow artefacts. Generation speed increased two-fold
- Writing – The Atlas path has been rewritten. Early mission text also rewritten to allow multiple endings.
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
Hello Games confirms that the No Man’s Sky release date for the PC has been moved to a later date.