Everything You Need to Know About Overwatch Loot Boxes
The spotlight is on Overwatch loot boxes right now. Loot boxes allow you to customize your hero cosmetically through skins, emotes, animations, sprays, and more. You can get these boxes for free every time you level up, or you can also opt to purchase them instead (more on this later). The type of items you receive in a loot box depends on its rarity.
|Overwatch Xbox One||
Very much similar to Hearthstone, Overwatch loot boxes also have a level of rarity which plays a huge factor when it comes to the items you’ll receive inside every box. They are classified according to color:
- Common = White
- Rare = Blue
- Epic = Purple
- Legendary = Orange
You will receive a total of four random items inside every loot box. There are hundreds of these items which you will receive as you level up. And in case you received a duplicate item, in-game credits are given to you instead (credits can be used to unlock other cool stuff in the Hero Galery). Below is a description of each of the items that can be found in a loot box:
- Player Icons – An icon which reflects your favorite character, Blizzard game, ability, and more
- Skins – For the seasoned gamer, you’ll know what these are. But for the newbies out there, skins are used to change the look of your hero. These looks range from color variations, to interesting looks such as a punk style costume.
- Emotes – These are used to taunt your enemies, or cheer for a teammate while in-game
- Sprays – Simply used to leave your mark (grafitti style!) in the battlefield
- Voice Lines – Gives your hero a variety of voice lines which can be used while chatting up with other players
- Victory Poses – Gives your hero a new pose
- Highlight Intros – These are special animated introductions you can add for your heroes
Purchasing Overwatch Loot Boxes With Real Money
As mentioned above, you can also purchase loot boxes using real money. Here’s a breakdown of the cost according to the number of boxes you want to buy:
- 2 Boxes = 1.99 USD
- 5 Boxes = 4.99 USD
- 11 Boxes = 9.99 USD
- 24 Boxes = 19.99 USD
- 50 Boxes = 39.99 USD
Take note, though, that the boxes you can buy with real money can also be earned for free simply by playing the game.
And to spice things up, here’s a video which features 100 Overwatch loot boxes being unboxed. Enjoy!
ALSO ON ALLKEYSHOP NEWS
After a successful release, Overwatch reviews are finally out, and we can easily say that this game is definitely in the running for 2016 Game of the Year.